Please be aware of the following which summarise the leave of absence regulations:
- Headteachers may not grant any leave of absence during term time unless there are exceptional circumstances.
- Headteachers will now determine whether the Leave of Absence is granted or not.
- When requesting Leave of Absence, Parents/Carers are asked to make clear how the circumstances leading to the request are exceptional.
- Leave of Absence must be requested in advance.
- If Leave of Absence is not granted the absence will be coded as unauthorised.
There is an application form for Leave of Absence which can be downloaded here. Please contact Mrs Lynch, Attendance Officer, on 01827 712320 if you are unable to download the form.
We ask parents/carers to respect these changes under which we must now work. Each application for Leave of Absence will be considered on a case-by-case basis and on its own merit. We greatly appreciate parental support to reduce the total amount of days lost due to holidays.
We are committed to working in partnership with you to enable your child to reach his/her academic targets and to support their social development. For this to happen we need to keep attendance a priority and for it to remain as high as possible. Thank you.